Self Managed Superannuation
Self-managed superannuation funds (SMSF) are an option for people who want to have greater control over their superannuation and retirement future.
Operating your own superannuation fund can provide investment flexibility, strategic control, estate planning advantages and potential cost savings. These are some of the benefits that can make SMSFs an attractive option. However, legislative requirements and the demands of managing investments mean that it is not as straight forward as it may first appear.
Big Sky Building Society and Big Sky Financial Planning work together to provide you a comprehensive SMSF solution to meet your needs. SMSF loan, deposit and transaction accounts are offered by Big Sky Building Society, while all personal financial advice is provided by the qualified and experienced financial advisers at Big Sky Financial Planning.
Together, the Big Sky team can help you keep in control with information and support at all stages - from set up through to ongoing management of your SMSF. While we provide a comprehensive solution for SMSFs, you can choose the extent of advice and support you require.
Considering a SMSF?
Advisers at Big Sky Financial Planning can:
- review your circumstances, goals and objectives and recommend whether a SMSF is appropriate for you;
- consider the cost effectiveness of establishing your SMSF;
- ensure you understand the ongoing requirements and commitments of managing your SMSF;
- assist in establishing your SMSF;
- design an investment strategy for your SMSF, based on your requirements, including assessing the role of gearing to achieve your goals;
- establish a review and reporting program to ensure you meet the SMSF legislative requirements, while keeping focus on the goals of the SMSF Trustees;
- help identify investment opportunities and solutions to achieve your goals in an efficient and effective manner; and design an appropriate risk management and estate planning strategy.
It’s important to remember your SMSF is a structure to hold your investments, with the aim of funding your retirement. Ensuring the right strategy, ongoing review and management of the investments all helps to deliver the returns and benefits you’re looking for. Establishing your SMSF is only the first step in achieving your goals.
Have an existing SMSF?
Big Sky Financial Planning can help you:
- review your investment strategy and its suitability for your requirements;
- help identify investment opportunities and solutions to achieve your goals in an efficient and effective manner;
- assess the suitability of gearing to achieve your investment goals;
- and review the SMSF risk management and estate planning strategy.